New Job Posted
Business Continuity Planning Consultant
Position: Business Continuity Planning Consultant
Status: Full-time, Direct-Hire
Location: Sacramento, CA – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on Experience – Targeting 5-7 years BC/DR expertise
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 5+ years expertise in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Crisis Response Consulting expertise coupled with a business continuity certification.
An Emergency Management Planning Consultant is responsible for applying his/her professional and academic knowledge and ability to the public safety, corporate resilience, and preparedness planning arena. The individual must be a very capable writer and communicator and provide subject matter expertise. He/she must be highly professional and able to handle a broad variety of tasks with a high degree of independence and sound judgment, and be able to work with other project team members, sometimes in a virtual environment.
Complete technical writing for project work in accordance with contract scope of work Interface and communicate with clients Coordinate and assist clients with developing Continuity of Operations, Business Continuity, and emergency communication and notification plans and procedures, in accordance with Federal, State, and international guidelines Coordinate and assist clients in developing business impact analyses, business continuity plans, and hazard specific planning to include cyber response planning Coordinate, develop and execute vulnerability/risk assessments Aid in the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of tabletop, functional and full-scale exercises Design and deliver training programs on continuity related programs and projects Participate in business development activities, to include writing white papers and proposals, and attending conferences and trade shows
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
BS/BA degree in related field. Post graduate degree in and a post graduate degree in homeland security, emergency management/planning or other related subject is desirable but not required. 5+ years in experience continuity planning
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team.
- Strong organizational skills and Exceptional research skills.
- Comfortable interacting with Clients and Client Stakeholders.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills (clients, colleagues, vendors).
- Proficient computer skills: (including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat Professional; and potentially MS Access, ESRI products, MS Visio, ArcView, and other applications; and the ability to learn new products as needed).
- Relevant professional certification is required (i.e. CBCP, CBCI, CBCM)
- 5+ years experience in developing business continuity plans to include business impact analysis, threat analysis, exercise design, and other continuity related materials.
- 5+ years experience working with business lines and IT to develop comprehensive continuity plans.
- 5+ years experience managing critical IT systems’ recovery capabilities.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2923
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.