Position: Senior SHE Specialist – Contractor Safety Management
Status: Long Term contract
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Site Safety Operation Senior Manager
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
• Develop and implement Contractor Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Programs in accordance with the OHSAS 18001 (Plan Do Check Act.) Methodology and continuous improvement process
• Identify and communicate workplace hazards, remove hazards, and establish engineering and administrative controls (including training) uniquely matched to the hazards.
• Develop and implement a sustainable Audit and inspection programs to support contractor safety management
• Support and maintain contractor permitted activities, coordinate with site permit process coordinator and site SHE requirements to execute the following permitted activities, but not limited to:
o Confined Space Entry
o Hazardous Energy Control – LOTO
o Pressurized Systems & Line Breaking
o Fire & Life Safety Systems Impairment
o Trenching and Excavation …
• Maintain awareness of advancing technology, innovations in safe workplace practices and which impact employee safety and health, the environment, and external perceptions of the company.
• Maintain awareness of changes to applicable regulations and ensure site changes are made to meet regulations including construction industry standards, or other governing bodies related to construction industry.
• Provide SHE risk assessments and implement control measures to eliminate risks
• Support Facilities and engineering groups, Site Operations, Global Engineering, and Bio-Process and Manufacturing Sciences on capital and special projects during planning, risk / hazard evaluation, design, and execution phases of work
• Conduct hazard assessments for all contractor work on site
• Conduct and drive compliance of regulatory requirement
• Review all contractors SHE critical activities preplanning documentation and assess risk and required mitigation and control measures prior to work execution
• Ensure the following safety compliance activities are conducted according to site procedures and regulatory requirements: accident and incident investigations with follow up Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) Plans; risk assessments; safety self-assessments; indoor air quality assessments; Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs); and compliance training.
• Assist in establishing Contractor Safety Program to oversee compliance with work performed on-site by external service providers involved in construction projects, Site Operations, Global Engineering, R&D Lab Operations, and Bio-Process and Manufacturing Sciences.
• Ensure all elements of the Contractor and Outside Service Provider (OSP) activities are conducted according to site procedures and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to: OSP Prequalification; Critical Activity Risk Register; Project Pre-Planning and Orientation; Safety Plan Review and Permitting; JHA Review; Case Management; Safety Task Assessment; and Field Compliance.
• Establishing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and other leading metrics which assess site performance and are consistent with AstraZeneca and industry best-in-class performance.
• Participate in developing and delivering SHE industry benchmarking surveys and present results to primary customer groups.
• Compile data for SHE metrics and benchmarking
• Develop monthly contractor SHE Deep Dive Slides to provide leading and lagging indicators
Skills and Certifications:
• Certified Safety professional (CSP) is preferred
• Education level: Bachelor or Master degree in Safety, Health and Environmental engineering/ management is preferred
• Minimum 10 years experience in Safety Health and Environmental engineering/ management , preferred experience in the Bio-Pharma or chemical industry
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Team Player
• High Proficiency in Microsoft suite – Power Point, Excel and Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Climbing several stair levels
• light to heavy construction site access
• Lifting Limits: Up to 50 lbs
• Able to climbing fixed and mobile ladders
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2749.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.