Position: Senior SHE Specialist – Site Safety Operations
Status: Long Term contract
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Site Safety Operation Senior Manager
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
• Develop and implement Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Programs in accordance with the OHSAS 18001 (Plan Do Check Act.) Methodology and continuous improvement process
• Identify and communicate workplace hazards, remove hazards, and establish engineering and administrative controls (including training) uniquely matched to the hazards.
• Develop and deliver specific program training such as but not limited to:
o Confined Space Entry
o Hazardous Energy Control – LOTO
o Pressure safety
o Electrical safety
o Fall protection and prevention
o Fire & Life Safety systems impairment
• Develop a sustainable permitted activities program
• Maintain awareness of advancing technology, innovations in safe workplace practices and operational practices which impact employee safety and health, the environment, and external perceptions of the company.
• Maintain awareness of changes to applicable regulations and ensure site changes are made to meet regulations including FDA, DOT, OSHA, ANSI, ASHRAE, NFPA and other governing bodies.
• Integrate SHE Services with other Site Operations strategic efforts, with other site functions. Work closely with Site Operation safety senior manager and team to implement key initiatives.
• Design core OSHA programs; deliver such program on a timely basis.
• Provide SHE risk assessments and implement control measures to eliminate risks
• Support Facilities and engineering groups, Site Operations, Global Engineering, and BioProcess and Manufacturing Sciences on capital and special projects during planning, risk / hazard evaluation, design, and execution phases of work
• Provide consulting support on waste handling, compliance and management processes to primary customer groups.
• Conduct hazard assessments such as but not limited to PHAs, HAZOP and FMEA
• Conduct and drive compliance of regulatory requirement, update existing requirement to maintain currency with changing regulatory and best practices
• Develop and implement Site Safety Programs designed to address site-specific requirements.
• Establish Core OSHA Safety Compliance Programs including, but not limited to: contractor safety, construction safety, hazard communication, fall protection, working from heights, electrical safety / arc flash, fire and life safety, fire alarm impairment, emergency response, Lockout Tagout (LOTO), hot work, powered industrial vehicles, and confined space.
• Assist in defining, developing and delivering Site Safety and regulatory compliance training programs.
• Ensure the following safety compliance activities are conducted according to site procedures and regulatory requirements: accident and incident investigations with follow up Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) Plans; risk assessments; safety self assessments; indoor air quality assessments; Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs); and compliance training.
• Assist in developing work processes and systems to effectively conduct design hazard reviews, process hazard analysis, storage and handling of highly hazardous chemicals and human factors (ergonomics) assessments.
• Establishing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and other leading metrics which assess site performance and are consistent with AstraZeneca and industry best-in-class performance.
• Participate in developing and delivering SHE industry benchmarking surveys and present results to primary customer groups.
• Compile SHE data and prepare necessary Deep Dive metrics and benchmarking SHE slides for monthly presentations
Skills and Certifications:
• Certified Safety professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or combination is preferred
• Education level: Bachelor or Master degree in Safety, Health and Environmental engineering/ management is preferred
• Minimum 10 years experience in Safety Health and Environmental engineering/ management , preferred experience in the BioPharma or chemical industry
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Team Player
• High Proficiency in Microsoft suite – Power Point, Excel and Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Climbing several stair levels
• light to heavy construction site access
• Lifting Limits: Up to 50 lbs
• Able to climbing fixed and mobile ladders
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2748.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.