Director of Business Continuity Management - Technology Recovery
Full-time, Permanent Position
Dallas, TX or Tampa, FL - Local Candidates Only
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2769
Position: Director of Business Continuity Management – Technology Recovery
Location: Dallas, Texas OR Tampa, Florida
Industry: Financial Services
Salary: Base, bonus and benefits
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates will be expected to pass a company background check.
* Successful candidates will have hands on technical experience in all areas, mainframe and distributed systems
The Business Continuity department is responsible for the governance and implementation of proactive and reactive measures which ensure that enterprise and business functions have resilience and recovery capabilities to continue, should a serious event occur. This is done through the:
• integration and alignment with the various risk functions throughout the organization and sector
• development of guidance and standards relating to business continuity and environmental risk
• monitoring of compliance
• promotion of awareness and education
The scope of work covers all clients’ subsidiaries and locations worldwide.
Oversee business continuity efforts at client and its subsidiaries.
o Lead the BCM area in absence of the area head.
o Manage and develop staff.
o Assist in the strategic direction of the area.
o Establish and maintain accountability for tactical deliverables to reach the area’s desired maturity and strategy.
o Represent the business continuity management area on internal and external groups as needed.
o Govern the disaster recovery testing and exercise process.
o Lead cross-functional teams of plan coordinators comprised of both external and internal individuals.
o Review, critique and maintain the recovery plans for assigned areas based on required elements and risk tolerance statements.
o Work with individuals at all levels by leading a site based crisis management team(s).
o Perform, as needed, business continuity capability assessments for client’s vendors.
o Coordinate special projects as needed, related to expansion of the client’s business continuity program.
o Assist in the disaster recovery and incident response integration efforts.
o Work with other BCM analysts to develop understanding technology dependencies.
o Manage testing for assigned coverage areas.
o Develop enterprise wide business continuity related testing and tabletop exercises throughout the company.
o Oversee and score disaster recovery testing and exercising.
o Support and monitor ongoing staff education and development in effective risk management.
o Assist in the construction of a program to educate business continuity coordinators.
o Keep current on business continuity trends and education.
o Track and report metrics relating to the adherence and execution of client’s Global Business Continuity Management policy
o Integrate with other risk areas to provide metric and reporting.
o Maintain all Business Continuity related documentation for review by internal and external auditors and regulators.
10 to 12 years of experience in a combination of technology (70%), business operations and business continuity functions, including leading BCM teams.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Extensive knowledge of technology including network, mainframe, storage, and distributed systems.
• Extensive knowledge of disaster recovery.
• Extensive knowledge of critical client’s corporate businesses, especially business operations preferred.
• Strong computer skills in application of Microsoft Office tools required.
• Detail oriented, highly organized.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent people and written communications skills required.
• Experience creating and making group presentations required.
• Experience leading large cross-functional teams required.
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently without immediate management oversight
Education, Training &/or Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Business continuity or technology certification(s) required.
• Direct- 1-2 Business Continuity Analysts
• Indirect – lead departmental coordinators in BCM-related efforts
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2769.
For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens - email@example.com.