Position: Vice President, Business Continuity Planning
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Singapore – Local Candidates.
Salary: Based on Experience
*****Candidates must be certified and in good standing with the certified body. Seeking candidates with 7+ years BCM expertise coupled with financial industry experience.
Primary Purpose: The applicant will be part of a global team that works extensively with senior management and key business and IT leads to conduct business impact analysis and risk assessments, develop recovery strategies and plans and also plan and direct the testing of emergency response, recovery support and business resumption procedures.
This role will drive not only Asia Pac-focused BCM initiatives, but also lead (depending on their experience and expertise) global functions across all regions. The ideal individual must possess strong business continuity expertise in a large global organization, have financial industry experience, and be willing to travel.
- Work with regional departments to develop business resumption plans/business impact analysis and review with senior management
- Manage established Crisis Management structure
- Manage alternate work area sites preparedness
- Conduct annual risk & threat assessments
- Participate on in appropriate management forums, in region
- Crisis Management training of key senior management
- Provide periodic update meetings with department Business Continuity Coordinators
- Partner with Global Client Group to meet with clients and address BCM questions as they arise
Exercises & IT DR Testing
- Crisis Management scenario exercises
- Alternate work locations live production tests
- Oversee testing of remote access & communication method capabilities in region (Citrix, satellite phones, etc.)
- Work closely with IT Continuity in their efforts to identify, plan and test technology throughout the region
- Has 7-10+ years Business Continuity experience
- Able to operate effectively and manage relationships at Senior Management level
- Demonstrates a high level of presentation skill and the ability to communicate confidently and clearly with seniors, peers and subordinates, regardless of the office locale
- Has experience working with regulators and knows regional BCM regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates initiative in partnering with departments across the region and rethinking how a department’s processes and automation can be enhanced to improve resiliency
- Makes independent, timely and effective decisions yet works well in a team environment
- Prepared to travel
- Has financial industry experience
- In-depth risk assessment and solution management skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field; of the equivalent in education and work experience, with advanced degrees preferred
- Excellent program/project management skills
- Collaborative and diplomatic
- Has BCM certifications or other related certified training
- Exercise design & execution experience
- Able to support on call requirements to support own and other regions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2430.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.