Position: Sr Business Continuity Analyst
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Boston, MA
Salary: Based on Experience
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA
* Candidates will be expected to pass a thorough background check.
Finance & Administration seeks a Business Continuity Senior Analyst to support the Firm’s Business Continuity Program. The group seeks a Senior Analyst to assist the Business Continuity Manager with program management and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will have Business Continuity Planning experience in the financial services industry, ideally in the investment management industry, and systems or operations experience would be a plus. S/he will possess strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills, including project management, along with outstanding service-orientation and mature judgment while producing high-quality, detail-intensive work.
The BCP Senior Analyst will provide leadership and oversight of the planning, maintenance, training, testing and documentation of the Firm’s integrated global business continuity and incident management program. On an ongoing basis the team liaises with functional line management throughout the organization. The team works closely with key partners in Information Systems, Corporate Security, Real Estate, and Vendor Management and other infrastructure-related functions, as well as, delegates from each of the business lines across the Firm.
Detailed areas of responsibility include:
- Strategic Planning and Policy Development: assisting in the planning for long-term recovery and resiliency in conjunction with Information Services, Real Estate and global corporate operations functions; formulation of business continuity guidelines, departmental policies and standards; ongoing benchmarking; program evaluation.
- Risk Management/Governance: assisting with internal reporting to the Operational Resilience Committee and to local compliance committees and officers.
- Project Management: Project planning and management, entailing preparation of needs assessments, formulation of project plans, and coordination of project execution, often involving multiple functions and offices around the world.
- Incident Management: participation in the "on call" rotation for the Firm’s emergency response team for incident management.
- The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of seven years in the financial services industry with at least five years experience in business continuity.
- Educational experience would include a Bachelor’s Degree and credentials in the BCP/disaster recovery area. The Wellington Management Plan is maintained on Sungard Systems’ LDRPS, so experience with LDRPS or similar planning tools would be viewed as an advantage, as would experience with Incident Command.
- Professional certification in business continuity management, technology, or security areas would be viewed positively.
- The position entails interaction with senior management across the Firm, management and development of a team of professionals, and hands-on planning and execution of projects throughout the year.
- The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the investment management business and the ability to operate comfortably within a privately owned, global, professional services organization.
- The role entails a moderate amount of travel, both domestically and internationally.
- The position requires strong writing and presentation skills and a desire to work independently without constant management supervision.
- In addition, a collaborative approach to work and a well-developed and demonstrated ability to build consensus will be essential for success in the role.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2757.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.