Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Charlotte, NC – Relocation Assistance Provided
Compensation: Based on Experience
Department: Risk Management, Safety and Security
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Risk Management, Safety and Security
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an urban research university of over 25,000 students and more than 4,000 full and part-time faculty and staff. The campus is currently seeking an experienced Director, Business Continuity Planning (BCP)/Emergency Management Planning professional to provide leadership and management over this growing student body, campus community operations and complex campus research portfolio of activities. BCP is charged with the responsibility of supporting the University on business continuity planning and emergency management planning at both the tactical and strategic levels.
BC Management, Inc. is assisting The University of North Carolina Charlotte in the search for a Director of Business Continuity Planning/Emergency Management Planning/Administration. For questions regarding this position please contact Ms. Cheyene Marling (Office: 714 969-8006 / Mobile: 310-739-7074) at BC Management, Inc.
The Director will provide direction and coordination for development, maintenance and implementation of Business Continuity Planning, Emergency Preparedness and Response. Business Continuity Planning (BCP) operates under the auspices of Risk Management, Safety and Security (RMSS). BCP implements campus programs that enable the continuation of critical University processes in the event of a disruption to campus operations. Emergency management planning is a key component to effectively transition from incident management to business resumption. BCP will implement an Emergency Management and Operational Continuity (EMOC) model in conjunction with Police and Public Safety (PPS) to facilitate this transition. Ms. Cheyene Marling (Office: 714 969-8006 / Mobile: 310-739-7074)
Experience/ Education Desired:
• Strongest candidates will have a minimum of five to seven years of related experience in business continuity and disaster/ emergency management planning, preferably in a large research university environment or in a culture similar to that of higher education.
• Strongest candidates will have a bachelor's degree in emergency management, business, science, public administration, or related field of study. Strong preference will be given to candidates who possess an advanced degree with emphasis in areas such as Risk Management, Emergency Management and Planning.
• Process and project management training and experience working with a wide range of time horizons and disciplines will be favorably viewed, along with a demonstrated desire for continual improvement and competence at developing new projects.
Preferred Experience: One or more certifications desired:
• CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional)
• CEM (Certificate in Emergency Management)
• CPM (Certificate in Project Management)
• ARM (Associate in Risk Management)
• CRM (Certified Risk Manager)
• UNC Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. UNC Charlotte welcomes all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
• Finalists will be subject to a criminal background check
• To APPLY: Apply electronically at https://jobs.uncc.edu. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please attach the following documents with your electronic submission: letter of interest, resume, and full contact information for 3 work-related references. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.