Position: Operational Risk Consultant
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Tulsa, OK – Will Assist with Relocation
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Director of Operational Risk
Candidates must have work authorization to work in the USA in place.
The Operational Risk Consultant, working with the Director of Operational Risk, is responsible for the implementation of the Operational Risk Program working actively with business units to identify, manage, and mitigate areas of risk which might arise from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events. The incumbent will perform and execute components of the Operational Risk Framework to include Risk Control Self Assessments, new business initiatives risk reviews, root cause analysis on Operational Risk incidents and associated process breakdowns, and development and reporting of Key Risk Indicators. The Operational Risk Consultant will specifically partner with regulatory agencies, technology teams, business units, IT Audit, Information Security, and designated COMPANY legal representatives to track impending IT compliance related legislation, determine impact to COMPANY and advise senior and executive management on steps to remediate. The Operational Risk Consultant may be called upon to manage or coordinate compliance related projects across technology and business units.
· Program delivery: Develop and maintains relationships with business partners, IT, and external auditors. Facilitate process reviews and risk control self assessments. Perform root cause analysis of process and system deficiencies. Manage operational risk reports designed to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of key processes and risk controls. Prepare analysis and recommendations on business operational risk profiles and trends. Work with business partners to strengthen or develop operational controls that address control weaknesses through appropriate remediation plans.
· Oversees development of compliance framework, provides oversight to ensure technical environments, applications and projects are compliant with state and federal regulatory mandates including: Sarbanes-Oxley, Office of Comptroller and Currency, Graham, Leach Bliley Act, Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy. Facilitates quarterly review and testing of Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
· Program development and oversight: Develop appropriate framework, policies, and standards to effectively identify, assess, mitigate, and manage operational risk within COMPANY. Define key risk indicators and tolerance levels for escalating and reporting to executive and board level risk committees.
· Tracks, reviews and assesses the impact of impending regulatory changes to COMPANY. Provides executive summary of regulatory changes, the impact and the appropriate plan to remediate to senior and executive management.
• Must have banking/financial services experience within operational risk.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of banking operations and procedures preferred
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and organize effectively
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2610.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.