Position: Vulnerability& Threat Manager
Industry: Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Location: Candidate may be based in either: Colorado Springs, CO, Loveland, CO, Englewood, CO, Santa Clara, CA or
Santa Rosa, CA (Seeking local candidates.)
Compensation: Based on Experience
Travel: Willingness for occasional travel
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
A client of BC Management is seeking a Threat Management Lead with a strong technical security background in a large, global enterprise and solid experience with effectively managing security threats. This position is responsible for overseeing Company's Threat Management tools and processes, covering proactive planning and prevention, as well as reactive detection and remediation. From a proactive standpoint, the Threat Management Lead will own the development of operational playbooks, oversee the incident response process, drive our Security Incident and Event
Management (SIEM) technology, and ensure we are logging and monitoring the right things across our infrastructure and applications. With regard to the reactive, the Threat Management Lead will drive the critical steps of the incident
response, and applying learnings toward our ability to be increasingly proactive in the future.
- Security Operations Playbooks - Creates, maintains, and communicates a set of security operations playbooks with Company's IT teams, so that we are confident in the circumstances that triggering of our security incident response
- Incident Response Process
- Owns the critical process steps - detection, validation, containment, remediation, and communication - for computer-based events, such as malware (viruses, worms), potential compromise (participating in bot network), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), etc.
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) - Drives our strategy for SIEM - hosted vs. internal - and oversees the effectiveness of the technology and process. Involves appropriate tuning, correlation of critical logs, connection to our incident response process, and reporting of relevant metrics.
- Logging and Monitoring Across infrastructure & Applications - Manages the current state of logging and monitoring, maintains a vision of ideal state of logging and monitoring, and drives a prioritized roadmap to reduce the gaps.
- Internal / External Engagements - Internal champion of threat management principles/policy/risk to partners in IT and the business; develops and maintains strong external perspective to keep up with new developments in the industry.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of directly related experience in Information Security Threat Management.
- Deep technical skills with IDS/IPS, infrastructure and application logging, incident management, etc.
- Process management experience with incident response and SIEM.
- Experience with and confidence to develop and socialize security operations playbooks across infrastructure and applications teams in IT.
- Ability to effectively articulate true risk - avoiding tendencies toward fear, uncertainty, and doubt - and the priority of potential remediations.
- Organizational skills to track opportunities / problems and remediation / actions; proven analytical and problem solving ability while being cool under pressure and diplomatic.
- Candidate must be based in one of our US hubs (Colorado Springs, Santa Clara).
-Information security experience in a high-tech manufacturing organization (Intellectual Property focused)
-Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing an operational strategy in a large, complex environment with successful outcomes.
-Ability to work with others having a wide variety of styles, performance, culture, etc.
-Proven effectiveness to communicate with technical and non-technical people alike.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume and short bio to www.bcmanagement.com and reference Job Order# 2622. For questions contact – Cheyene Marling –