This is a weekly top talent candidate listing - one for Direct-Hire and another for a Contract Consultant. Contact a BC Management representative if interested in hiring one of these professionals or if you'd like to be listed as a Top Talent Professional seeking work.
Enterprise Resiliency/ Emergency/ Business Continuity Professional - Chicago, IL (Direct-Hire)
Enterprise Resiliency | Emergency Management | Business Continuity
Chicago Area, IL - Open to relocation
Willing to travel: as much as required, domestic/international
Compensation: Salary + bonus commensurate with experience
Emergency Preparedness & Response/Continuity of Operations/Business Continuity management leader with over 20 years of experience as a leader & Commander in the US Air Force, corporate executive, researcher, published author, public speaker, lecturer, and trainer.
He/She has over 20 years of direct disaster management experience in the Department of Defense, and private sector. In my past position I personally developed over 70 separate emergency plans and managed major disaster response operations for Hurricanes Irene, Isaac, Sandy, and the Joplin Missouri, and Moore Oklahoma tornadoes and the Boston Marathon Bombing.
Some of my past projects are: participation in National Level Exercises (NLE 2011, CUSEC 2014), Co-branding with FEMA’s Ready.Gov, established an associate “emergency brigade”, corporate campus physical security and emergency preparedness and response programs.
The ground floor development of a Fortune 50 emergency management, business continuity programs, security operations center, and emergency operations center. These programs earned FEMA’s Rick Rescorla Award for Private Sector in 2014 as a result of the response and recovery from Hurricane Sandy. One of my projects was the development of the Ferguson Missouri Civil Disturbance Contingency Plan. This project resulted in the company's selection for the Business Continuity Institute 2015 Most Effective Recovery Award.
Technical administrator experience with XMatters, Send Word Now, Ops Planner, Fusion Risk Management, and BC in the Cloud platforms.
Active Secret clearance through DHS.
Education includes BS in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Certificate in International Business, Carnegie-Mellon University, MS in Threat & Response Management, University of Chicago, specialized in Pandemic Planning. Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certified.
Sr. Business Continuity & IT Disaster Recovery Consultant - Vancouver & Victoria British Columbia, Canada (Contract Consultant)
Senior Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Consulting Specialist
Based in Vancouver & Victoria BC
Seeking advisory consulting contracts, rate negotiable based on engagement (ranges from $140 to $200/hour, daily and longer term rates available)
Able to work in US with TN visa
• 18+ extensive years of experience and two university degrees in architecture and planning.
• Multiple certifications: Master Business Continuity Professional, MBCP, Certified Business Continuity Professional, CBCP and Certified Business Continuity Vendor, CBCV from the DRI International, as well as Certified Business Resilience Professional, CBRP, Certified Business Continuity Capability Maturity Assessor BCMM, obtained Project Management Professional, PMP (Project Management Institute) in 2004 and ITIL Foundations Certified.
• Proven skills in dealing with large organizations at the executive level in developing programs and providing critical systems and business process consulting and excellent management level reporting, documentation and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of policies, standards and legislation governing business continuity and disaster recovery planning requirements in the private and public sector in Canada and the US and Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) professional practices, ISO 22301 standard, CSA/NFPA 1600, project management and other best practices.
• Excellent skills at assessing and creating practical action plans to fix BCP and DR program problems, realign with corporate objectives, skills and budgets and fix BCP and DR program, plan and operational problems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Extensive experience and strong skills and knowledge in relation to: project management, business continuity and disaster recovery, program development, business impact assessments for business and IT, creating plans and procedures, BCP and DR exercises and testing, pandemic response, crisis management planning and exercises, incident escalation, emergency communications, training and education.
Contact a BC Management representative if interested in hiring one of these Weekly Top Talent Professionals.
Looking to hire continuity, resiliency, crisis management, risk management, emergency
management and/or security professionals? Check out additional top talent confidential
bios at http://www.bcmanagement.com/toptalent.html.
Interested in becoming a BC Management Top Talent candidate? If so, please inquire
with a BC Management representative at [email protected].