Disaster Recovery Planning Manager
Salt Lake City, UT - Local Candidates or Relocate to Utah
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2804
Position: Disaster Recovery Planning Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Salt Lake City, UT – Local or Relocate to UT
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Ideally seeking candidates with previous VMware virtualization, cloud virtualization and data replication expertise. Candidates should have 5+ years of IT resiliency/ business continuity planning expertise.
The Disaster Recovery Planning Manager is responsible for implementing, managing and driving the Corporate Resiliency Program, including: education and awareness; the development of resiliency strategies; the ongoing evaluation of Disaster Recovery requirements and capabilities; and the development, testing, and maintenance of DR plans. This position will encompass a best practices approach in developing, implementing and testing company wide recovery capabilities. Additionally, this thought leader will ensure IT infrastructure, applications, and business-critical data can be fully recovered in the event of a business interruption. The Disaster Recovery Planning Manager also ensures appropriate availability and continuity for mission critical business applications and services by assuring the development, implementation, integration, and assessment of procedures for technology and IT systems across the enterprise.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain a Resiliency program that appropriately meets the needs of a fast growing, dynamic organization.
- Ensures that all infrastructure and application recovery plans are reviewed according to established corporate business continuity policy and guidelines and updated annually and/or when major infrastructure changes occur.
- Proactively identifies the technical requirements that meet or exceed the recovery requirements of mission critical business functions.
- Facilitates the continuous evaluation and improvement of resiliency strategies and capabilities.
- Provides direction for individual team members on resiliency planning initiatives and projects.
- Acts as a project lead / SME to various DR projects and initiatives.
- Provides leadership for the development, maintenance, and testing of disaster recovery (DR) plans.
- Proactively identifies related Disaster Recovery risks.
- Provides leadership and coordination of the plan execution during an actual event.
Hiring Criteria Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Exceptional technical and professional skills with 5+ years of increasing responsibility in the field of IT, Resiliency, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning for a large, complex, multi-platform organization.
- Strong knowledge of resiliency planning techniques, tools, and recovery strategy development.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management and associates; and the ability to motivate teams to apply skills and techniques to solve complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of current enterprise-level resiliency planning techniques and technologies.
- Ability to understand, communicate and solve complex problems quickly.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, including the ability to set shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to influence individuals, lead teams, and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to train recovery teams and prepare others to fulfill their roles during an event.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field is highly preferred.
- Prior experience working in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of different technology environments, system utilities used to recover data and systems, scheduling software used on different platforms, problem management systems, and disaster recovery methodology.
- Ideally seeking candidates with previous VMware virtualization, cloud virtualization and data replication expertise.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2804.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.