Highlights from the 2011 Asia Pacific Study Findings
1. Compensations appear to be on the rise for Australia, India and Malaysia.
2. The professional pool from Asia Pacific noted less continuity and work experience in comparison to their peers in the USA.
3. Career paths into business continuity still remains heavy on the IT sector, but there were high responses for consultant, management and operation career paths
4. Business continuity professionals from Asia Pacific fared better with their bonuses than their counterparts internationally with reporting highest bonus payout.
This comprehensive report (60+ pages) was distributed as a complimentary report to those professionals who completed BC Management’s 10th Annual BCM Study.
Haven't received your report? Contact BC Management . Next Asia Pacific BCM Compensation Report will not be published until October 2012.
Due to different currencies, the data throughout this report is shown as a percent of respondents for all of Asia Pacific. The report does include average total compensation for Australia, India, Malaysia and Singapore due to relevant data points with more data figures included for Australia, India and Singapore as these countries received a greater number of study respondents.
How to use the BCM Compensation Report (60+ pages)?
1. Evaluate how your credentials/ expertise compare to your peers. For example, what percent of respondents are certified and degreed? What percent of respondents are leaders in the profession in regards to publishing, public speaking, and serving on an association board? Quite simply... what's the competition?
2. Assess the trending of skill sets, specifically with certifications and advanced education in the profession.
3. Identify the skills needed toobtain your career goals and increase your earning potential.
4. Determine where your experience lines up in each data chart. Average these compensation findings from all the data charts based on your level of expertise. If you’re a certified VP managing a global program with 15 years of experience, then you should expect to be earning more than the average total compensation for all business continuity professionals within your specified country.
5. Be competitive with your compensations to retain
your current staff and/or determine the proper compensation levels to attract new hires.
6. Share the report with your corporate human resource department.
You may still purchase the report if you did not complete our 10th Annual BCM Study. Standard retail price is $75 USD. View BCM Program Management Data Research/ Metrics reports also available.
Stay Informed! Subscribe to the BCM Blog Today.
Sign up to receive BCM Blog updates via the RSS Feed link above. This will enable notifications to be sent directly to your email. You may also check back here for regular updates from the BC Management team on new job postings, industry news, events, and special offers!