How to Use Our Compensation Reports....?
- Evaluate how your credentials/ expertise compare to your peers. For example, what percent of respondents are certified and degreed? What percent of respondents are leaders in the profession in regards to publishing, public speaking, and serving on an association board? Quite simply... what's the competition?
- Assess the trending of skill sets, specifically with certifications and advanced education in the profession.
- Identify the skills needed to obtain your career goals and increase your earning potential.
- Determine where your experience lines up in each data chart. Average these compensation findings from all the data charts based on your level of expertise. If you’re a certified VP managing a global program with 16 years of experience, then you should expect to be earning more than the average total compensation for all business continuity professionals, which is $114,180 USD (based on 2011 study findings in the USA).
- Be competitive with your compensations to retain your current staff and/or determine the proper compensation levels to attract new hires.
- Share the report with your corporate human resource department.